Targeting Tumors….. We have cancer in our sights!!! A specialized scope of cancer treatment using a minimally invasive approach that delivers treatment directly to the tumor. Learn more about our therapeutic and supportive procedures.
Superior Care for Cancer in Fayetteville, Angier & Beyond
A lot has changed in cancer research, diagnosis, and treatment during the 50 years that Valley Radiology has been helping patients. We’re proud to know that we incorporated the latest advances in technology and treatment throughout the years, every step of the way. While methods and treatments have changed over time, commitment to our patients and providing compassionate care has remained as strong and focused as ever.
Our Oncologic Experts Are Here For You
Providing the best care possible for our region means finding the most qualified physicians and radiologists, and we have succeeded. The experience and expertise that our staff has speaks for itself. Our interventional oncologists are an integral part of multidisciplinary paradigm in cancer management. We work closely with medical, surgical and radiation oncologists in developing the best treatment strategy for you. Our compassionate physicians work with the family and friends to build a plan that fits well with the patient’s lifestyle. We believe part of our success lies in how well the patient and the family understands about the cancer and available therapeutic options. Our staff can answer any question you have, speak to concerns you may have during your treatment, and help you keep a schedule of your appointments. You have enough to worry about, so let us take as much of the burden onto our shoulders as possible. Our oncology imaging services include:
- Diagnosing, staging, and restaging of various cancers
- Evaluation of the effects of surgery, medications, chemotherapy, or radiation
- And more.
Compassionate Care, Guaranteed.
Being diagnosed with cancer will likely be the scariest moment of your life, and no one is more sensitive to this than Valley Radiology. We want you and your family to feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process, and help you all navigate through the turbulent waters that cancer is forcing you to face. Treatment is available, and our expert radiologists will steer you through treatment on your path to recovery. Our radiologists are experts in diagnosing all primary and secondary tumors listed below utilizing advanced imaging techniques and also image-guided minimally invasive procedures. Apart from diagnosis, we excel in management of certain tumors utilizing advanced percutaneous interventions such-as chemo/radio embolization and thermal/chemical ablations. We provide the following procedures for oncology:
Embolization/Catheter Directed Therapeutic Procedures:
Minimally Invasive Intraarterial Procedures
Radioembolization/Y90 microspheres of liver tumors
- Chemoembolizations (TACE)
- Chemoembolizations (DEB)
- Bland embolization
- Pre operative embolizations
- Radiofrequency ablation of spinal tumors
- Microwave ablations
- Percutaneous Thermal and Chemical ablations of liver, kidney, lung, and any other soft tissue masses
Supportive Procedures for Cancer
- Image guided CT/Ultrasound biopsies for diagnosis
- Bone marrow biopsies, ablations
- Vertebral Augmentation
- Breast imaging and interventional procedures
- Biliary drainage/stenting
- PICC placements
- Port a cath placements for chemo administration
- PleurX catheter placement for recurrent malignant effusions and ascites
- SVC syndrome stenting
- Gastrostomy placement
- Nephrostomy and Ureteral stent placement
- IVC filter placement
- DVT/PE interventions
- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt)
- Leg - vein/artery treatment
- Prostate Artery Embolization
- Prostate Fiducial Marker Placement
- Space Oar® hydrogel injection for prostate radiation treatment https://www.spaceoar.com/
Nuclear Medicine procedures:
- Radioactive Iodine Tx for thyroid
- Zevalin® Tx for lymphoma https://zevalin.com/
- Xofigo® https://www.xofigo-us.com/
Speak With an Interventional Oncology Radiologist Today!
The only way to diagnose and treat for cancer is through tests and treatment. If you’re afraid that you have the beginning stages of cancer, or are looking for professionals to help you treat a positive diagnosis, we’re here to help. To schedule an appointment, call Interventional Clinic @ (910) 486-5700 or fill out a quick contact form today!